Masanafu Child And Family support (MCAFS) is an Organization established and registered as a Community Based Organization (CBO) in 2003 with the urge to find remedy to ever increasing problem of poverty and human degradation, with a special focus on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) infected and affected by the HIV/AIDS scourge.
MCAFS’s mission is the empowerment of persons through educational and training initiatives for the disadvantaged ones with special attention to the HIV/AIDS orphans.
For several years, ISP is a partner of the institute …
MCAFS activities among others include:
- Vocational skills training to 57 OVC in the areas of Tailoring, Welding and metal fabrication, and Carpentry and joinery Salon, Mechanics, Brick laying,
- Post vocational support to former trainees through provision of startup kits.
- Support to 260 OVC with provision of school fees and scholastic materials in primary schools and other vocational training institutions.
- Training and support to families numbering 35 in Integrated Sustainable Agriculture.
- Support to 35 income generating activities with training and in puts in projects such as: Piggerry, Poultry keeping, Petty trading, mushroom growing etc.,
- Formal education to 104 infants mainly orphans and vulnerable children whose guardians and parents cannot afford to take them to school.
- Cultural development and behavioral change programmes and positive recreation for both youth and adults through music dance and drama.